Training to Go The Distance
Are you training for a marathon, triathlon, or other endurance event? Or maybe it's a village 5k. Regardless of your goals, the books below are great resources to help you prepare both mentally and physically.
1. "Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance" by Alex Hutchinson - This book explores the science behind endurance and how to push the limits of human performance.
2. "The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman" by Tim Ferriss - This book offers a comprehensive guide to optimizing physical and mental performance, including strategies for endurance training.
3. "The Endurance Handbook: The Complete Guide to Endurance Training and Racing" by Phil Maffetone - This book provides a comprehensive guide to endurance training for athletes of all levels, including tips on nutrition, injury prevention, and mental preparation.
4. "Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen" by Christopher McDougall - This book explores the running culture of the Tarahumara people of Mexico and the secrets to their endurance and health.
5. "Going Long: Training for Triathlon's Ultimate Challenge" by Joe Friel - This book provides a detailed guide to training for long-distance triathlons, including tips on nutrition, injury prevention, and mental preparation.
John Willkom is the author of Amazon best-selling basketball books: Walk-On Warrior and No Fear In The Arena. John is an avid reader, sports fan, and father to two incredible little girls.
Check out healthy energy drinks from Celsius: